Sunday, February 12, 2012

It's almost here......

I love Valentine's Day! I love all the happy hearts and lace; and best of all it's an excuse to drape your house in PINK! If it were up to me my whole house would be pink, but sometimes you have to include the hubby in the decor plans. Boo on his anti-pink attitude!

Just thought I would share some of my decor. It has been an evolving effort to find the perfect mantle decorations, but I love it now.




The bunting was so easy to make. I cut out the hearts with my cricut. The paper is from a pack I bought at Michaels. It has about 10 sheets for each month. I used the October paper to make gifts for my boo friends. After the hearts were cut out, I inked the edges and just ran then threw my sewing machine. If you do this, make sure you have it set on the longest stitch length. It keeps the paper from ripping.

Valentine's Day has also migrated into my kitchen...





and into my dining room area...




I got my little chicken at the thrift store...he's an AnnaLee...for $1.00. The volunteer said that an old lady donated 1,000 of them. Some of the characters are very creepy looking (especially the 3 foot tall ones), but I fell in love with this guy. He was supposed to be for Easter but I have a feeling I may find a place for him every holiday. He is soooooo cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment