Sunday, July 3, 2011

My FI is CRAFTY!

I love my fiance. He spent the whole lazy day  with me watching movies and making paper flowers. That's right WE made paper flowers. I had tried them previously using Martha Stewart's tutorial for coffee filter flowers with lackluster results.
Not anything like Martha's fabulous flowers. :(

Then I found a fabulous tutorial on weddingbee.com and it was on!

http://diy.weddingbee.com/topic/coffee-filter-flower-pic-heavy-tutorial-with-tips

This tutorial simplifies Martha's to using only 3 different petal sizes and painting and curling the petals before you put them together. I put the FI to work. He outlined the petal shapes, then I cut them out (poor baby said it hurt his hands) and passed them back to him to paint pink
Turning the FI pink!

Hard at work painting petals
 We rocked out 45 of these little beauties, and I have enough prepared petals to create 30 more. So exciting!! We plan to make about 150 of these fabulous creations. That way we have enough to put 4 in each paper "vase" to hang on the pews and some left over to create some alter arrangements.

This would mean that all our flowers for the ceremony will cost less than $20. SWEET SAVINGS!!  I'm thinking about adding feathers too (too keep with the theme).
petals drying


This is what the flowers will look like hanging on the pews
I'm indecisive. Should I add feathers? White or silver "vases"  I have 3 months...plenty of time to decide.
 
So tell me...What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment